Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my young pigeon 50 days old was jumped about 20cm, then it dropped down with paralysis leg, the pigeon cannot move or eat. i feed it.
the legs seem O.K no injuries but the pigeon cannot stand.
i gave it
1- 5 days flmoquen
- 5 days flagyl
more calcium and multivitamens but there is no improvements
can any one help?

Attachments

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Are you sure he was walking before? Looks awfully skinny also. Sharp keel.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Also, you need to keep this to one post. You have started a second thread, and it just gets confusing. And you deleted your other comments. Don't do that. Just keep it to one thread, and just add to it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sure the pigeon was very healthy and the scratches in his skin caused by his trial to move after his sickness!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also, you need to keep this to one post. You have started a second thread, and it just gets confusing. And you deleted your other comments. Don't do that. Just keep it to one thread, and just add to it.
sorry
it was my first thread so i did a mistake.
O.K i`ll not do it anymore

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Leg paralysis can be from many things. Injury causing nerve damage, lack of calcium and vitamin D3, disease like salmonella/paratyphoid. Hard to know what is going on without more info.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Well usually it does take longer than that. How much calcium are you giving, and in what form? And I don't know the antibiotic you are using, but it would take longer than 5 days.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think you should probably get him checked by an avian vet because it is hard for us to know the exact cause behind the paralysis and it's treatment.
-Rubeena

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot for all friends
I gave Flumequin 10% 1g/2L for five dayes
then
100 mg Flygel /day for 7 days
and during this treatment i added
10 mg Calcium levulinate (solution)+200IU vitamin D+Vitamin B12 (2mcg)

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
With different antibiotics, all calcium should be removed as it will bind to the drug and make it less effective. Also, you don't want to try a bird in the drinking water. That doesn't work well, as you cannot be sure of how much he drinks, so you can't be sure that he is getting enough of the drug. He needs to be treated individually, into his mouth. So tablets are easier to use. Or you need to figure out how much of a drug the bird needs, by how much he weighs, then you need to make a suspension to feed to him. Giving it in the water is really not the answer for a sick or injured bird.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.