Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be driving from Joliet to Minneapolis this Sunday (the 31st) and am wondering if there are any homers available along the way. I am just starting out and would be interested in a couple young birds or a pair--mostly splashes, grizzles, or whites.

I would also be interested in other types such as archangels or ice or other more uniquely colored (as opposed to shaped) breeds.

Thanks in advance for any leads.

Finally, is it worth stopping by Belmont Feed and Seed in Chicago?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Belmont Feed and Seed was interesting, really just a small store but had a good variety of grains and pigeon-specific grits and supplements. I would imagine a lot of it is cheaper through mail order, but for the bulkier items it is probably cheaper. I got a 50# bag of grit/supplement that I could never have found around where I live. They had a couple dozen homers there, from $50/pair to one cock for $250.

All in all, if you are passing through Chicago, take a quick pit stop there and check it out. Just a few blocks off 94 and easy parking; open 7 days a week. Very very few retail pigeon retail places and this one had a decent stock of stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.