Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
That's pretty sad. Both will probably either be killed, or used for dog training.
Makes no sense in selling a disabled bird. You would think someone would just be happy to find it a decent home. And the excuse of not wanting to make it free, as people with bad intentions will take them. Is a $1 or $5 price tag going to make those people not buy the bird?

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After I posted here I wrote Elizabeth from Palomacy who said Gimpy is alive and she is working on getting him to Palomacy. :) I found the ads checking Craigslist for pigeons to see if any can be rescued and not just sold for dog training or worse.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
After I posted here I wrote Elizabeth from Palomacy***** who said Gimpy is alive and she is working on getting him to Palomacy. :) I found the ads checking Craigslist for pigeons to see if any can be rescued and not just sold for dog training or worse.
Ah, those poor birds.
****** Glad to hear about Gimpy, hope he is rescued soon.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Who is going to save them? We don't have a Palomacy around here? I just find it extremely upsetting to see ads like that, and would just rather not know about them. God knows you can't take them all.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Thank God for that one. Too bad the splay hadn't been treated as a baby. At least he's in good hands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts