Pigeon-Talk banner

pigeons poop surrounded by puddle of water ?

Tags
wattery
2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Alamo 
#1 ·
hello there guys my pigeons poop surrounded by puddle of water ? the whole 4 lofts they are injected for pmv and it is deffinitly not this ..they are all sitting on youngters and they are healthy as sea trout .. all my birds all look well .. not loosing weight not drinking to much water i havent chaged the food .. ive tryed bicardinate of soda .. charchol tablets ..probiotics bio live yoghurt and still no good .. when i feed barley they are alot better .. could they be lacking on something im puzzled

#2 ·
Have they all got the same poops? The reason that they have that particular poop during PMV is that their kidneys are affected and they have a mixture of polyuria and constipation. I see poops like that sometimes when the weather turns cold, but the urates are cloudy as well as liquid.

#10 ·
Sometimes when you don`t give breeding birds enough food,for the babies and themselves,they give the babies extra water,because they cry for more food...The parents will have more water in their crop,and if the babies have had enough,the parents will have some watery droppings as a result of drinking to much water....Now,there could be a problem with an illness,but I have seen this with my birds....I give extra food,and the droppings go right back to solid,and white tipped...So just check to make sure you are feeding enough food...If you are,and the droppings are still watery,then you know to send out a dropping tyo get analized...Foy`s does not do it anymore,so you will have to find a vet that does.....Alamo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.