Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like some pigeons, preferably rollers but anything will do. Low price or for free. I don't have much to spend.

Thanks,
Calder

P.S.
I have a medium size loft with an aviary and a few other pigeons. I have easy access to food, and i DON'T plan on using them for dog training or for any other inhumane reasons. i just like to raise them and watch them fly.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
yes Mindy--I often wonder why people won't put their location and age next to their name on the right side under the join date. It sure would help with our answers.
I can see the hesitation, being 14 ;) But yes, location does help a lot.

Calder, how about adopting some pigeons? :)

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Sky Tx, I agree totally. You wonder what people have to hide. I also understand if the are young and they don't want to put it. But even a state would be nice. I mean I doubt any harm can be done by putting the state.

czarkos, You didn't mention where your from? If you missed a current thread on here, people adopted 2 wonderful pet pigeons and they let them go and they were never to be seen again. I'm not saying you would do that, but before anyone sends you some birds they are going to ask a lot of questions. Plus if you get adult pigeons they will have to be PRISONERS in the loft. So you won't be able to watch them fly. Maybe when they have babies but the adults will only be good for breeding. You have to understand peoples concerns there are a lot of awful people out there that want pigeons for bird training and other horrible things. If you have nothing to hide you should be very open to everything people want to ask. min

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i am open any questions are more than welcome.:) I did read that thread and i thought it was horrible what those people did after being told that they weren't supposed to let them fly. And I live in Ketchum, Idaho

thanks for reading

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
MaryofExeter--I understand being under 18-21 not putting your age.
BUT I would like to know If I am trying to answer a 13 y/o Know-it-all .
All my answers are FACTs that I know will work or not work. Then I get questioned?? as to why??

·
Registered
754 Posts
photos

sometimes it's pretty easy to tell a little about who your talking to but I like to see what they have in there lofts, showing pictures of there lofts and the birds they own is a good indication of how they treat there birds. >Kevin

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
sometimes it's pretty easy to tell a little about who your talking to but I like to see what they have in there lofts, showing pictures of there lofts and the birds they own is a good indication of how they treat there birds. >Kevin
I agree with you! A picture is worth a thousand words.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MaryofExeter--I understand being under 18-21 not putting your age.
BUT I would like to know If I am trying to answer a 13 y/o Know-it-all .
All my answers are FACTs that I know will work or not work. Then I get questioned?? as to why??
no i am very open to constructive criticism. i understand that i just got into pigeons and i still have a lot to learn

1 - 20 of 30 Posts