Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my first pair of pigeons today. I found a flyer who had Hermans and got a pair from him. They are the first birds I've had for 25 years and it feels good. This is a picture of the Cock bird I named Studly.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Good luck with them. Hopefully they perform the same or even better today.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The man I got them from flys in the Newark club in the central jersey combine and he wins his share of races with them in the mid and long distance. I'm going to find out next year, I will also have a variety of other more modern birds also. My friend of 35 years is bringing me 2 pair of Janssens, 2 pair of Delbars, 2 pair of Imbrechts, 2 pair of HVR'S,AND TO PAIRS OF Jan Arrdens on the 4th of July so I'll have a good start I think.

·
Registered
267 Posts
nice looking bird you got ther! so thats a Herman line? very good bird for long distance and post a picture of the HVR's when you get'em... i would like to get more those two lines in my stock...Good luck with them!!!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I know how you feel. I got back into them 7 weeks ago after 25 years without. Nice looking bird. Enjoy your birds, and have a happy 4th. I live in the central valley and it is 102 rite now. Watsonville has nice cool weather. I used to deliver there years ago to the McMahans furniture store. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bbcdon My girlfriend has a daughter that lives in Porterville maybe the next time we go to visit her we can meet and compare story's. I've had my pigeons for only two days and they have claimed a nestbox and started to build a nest, didn't take them long to settle in.
Can't wait until tomorrow when I'll get the rest of them. Going to try and raise at least one round out of each pair so I can have a latehatch team for old birds 2010

1 - 11 of 11 Posts