Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you guy have a special pigeon in your life?:D If you do pictures appreciated.

Thanks,
Lucas

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
George, my dropper, is pretty special to me :) He's been very helpful and has a cute personality. He's a lady's man for sure.

Not a good picture but it's the first one I found haha.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Then there's Miss 5043, who bred me my 1st winning bird on the first race I entered. Also bred our club's auction race winner last year. She's a full sister to Skydancer, an IF champ. In front of her in this picture is Popeye, who is also special. His left eye never developed fully probably from a very early injury. He hasn't bred anything that great but I get attached pretty easily to handicapped birds. My best pigeon buddy Matt Dewitt gave him to me :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Nice birds! How did you decided it's better to race the hen than the cock from this pair?

I thought the hen is smaller and the cock has more stamina or build for the race?

I'm contemplating similar thing. My hen is small-medium size(about 10months) old, but during the training she is really fast and learn distances very well.

I just don't know if she will do good on a race.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts