Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to put out that if anyone needed some longleaf pine needles I have three large trees in my yard & would be willing to gather them for use. I have litteraly Piles of the needles just sitting there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in Florida, USA. I figure a box of dried pine needles probably wouldn't weight too much for shipment.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
My brother and I use to travel some what regularly to Florida in which I would stop and fill some small trash bags with needles. Well that stopped and now we are stuck using pine shavings, not as good, but does work.
Not too many pine trees in the desert, there are some but short needles.
It is a good service you two are offering. Thanks

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I just wanted to put out that if anyone needed some longleaf pine needles I have three large trees in my yard & would be willing to gather them for use. I have litteraly Piles of the needles just sitting there.
That is nice of you, would you charge?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just whatever the postage on the needles would be. I'll be keeping a small pile for myself but there are plenty as the lot next to me has a ton of pine trees as well.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Just whatever the postage on the needles would be. I'll be keeping a small pile for myself but there are plenty as the lot next to me has a ton of pine trees as well.
That is really good of you to share with you're pigeon friends, :DI know some will be getting in touch as there are others who charge for them.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I don't see a problem charging for them. They have to collect them, probably dry them, then package them, Don't forget about the box price then spend fuel to drive to the PO to mail them. It is no different then ordering needles or stems from a supply house?
I doubt anyone is getting rich here.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I don't see a problem charging for them. They have to collect them, probably dry them, then package them, Don't forget about the box price then spend fuel to drive to the PO to mail them. It is no different then ordering needles or stems from a supply house?
I doubt anyone is getting rich here.
I don't either, but if they are free with only shipping I would go for it!.. duh..lol..;):)

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
gotta point spirit wings, but i do have to buy gas & box to package them. postage is pretty cheap for parcel but you'll get it in a week or two, priority mail is a bit faster but cost more now.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
gotta point spirit wings, but i do have to buy gas & box to package them. postage is pretty cheap for parcel but you'll get it in a week or two, priority mail is a bit faster but cost more now.
I know! that is why it is so suprising she is not charging.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts