Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am having a little bit of a problem with some pigeon(s?) messing up with the drinking water. No matter how often I change it, I find it dirty in less than an hour. I always used small bowls inside the attic so that they not be tempted to bath in them and a larger one outside on the balcony (during the warmer season/s), all in ceramic (being recommended as healthiest). Lately I noticed that the little bowls are messed with by some naughty guy/s, maybe Juliet (she never stayed indoors until 3 weeks ago and never before was the drinking water dirty) but I am not sure and I do not have a surveillance camera in the attic to get detailed monitoring. The water is cloudy which is not good. I looked over the internet and I found very many models, all in plastic. Please advise how to make them stick only their head and not their body in the drinking water. I would not put Juliet out in the cold just for such naughty/cleaning habit. Thank you.

PS: Please retain that there are about 25-30 of them

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the idea and link, Very ingenious. I understand that you mean that there is no problem with plastic conteiners? How ofter do you change the water in this plastic thing? And how often should he plastic conteiners be changed, due their degrading in time problem? Thanks again.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Thank you for the idea and link, Very ingenious. I understand that you mean that there is no problem with plastic conteiners? How ofter do you change the water in this plastic thing? And how often should he plastic conteiners be changed, due their degrading in time problem? Thanks again.
ok, don't over think it.. I change mine out every three weeks in summer, I give fresh water everyday or other. what ever drinker you choose, when changing to a new one always dip the beak of the bird/s in it to show them the new one..they really do not know sometimes and can get dehydrated if not shown.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
OOOPS, this is a problem, how can I show them dipping their beaks? I need to catch them first, which is not feasable during the day when need for water is and once caught to drink water would be the last thing they would think of. They fly free inside the attic but they are not pets, except for when I need to treat a baby or two, which treatment --and taming-- is temporary, just for the time of treatment. The rest is freedom, freedom to fly wherever they like, freedom to come home whenever they like, freedom to sometime not be able to come back home. But, of course I will try, it is worthy. The water changing once a day or even once every OTHER day is so relaxingly tempting. THANK YOU, Spirit Wings.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
whom should I show how

NOONE listens to me or come to me and I don't blame it. They need permanent alert and untrust to survive in these woods. But I will try (again). Thank you for suggestion/s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.