Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each time when I click on www.pigeons.biz/forums my internet security detects a banner with maliciouos code. Has anyone had such experience too (in case you have very strong internet security)? Thank you.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
What banner comes up will probably depend upon one's location. I believe the arrangement with the company which promotes these ads is fairly geography-oriented.

Some very enthusiastic security checkers do flag things sometimes which are, in fact, just advertising as malicious. Not to say that's what you are getting, but it does happen.

Anything to do with banner ads is entirely the province of the site owners, Keebali Media, and cannot be resolved by the Pigeon Talk team.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
When I come to the forum via the homepage website, there is a pigeon talk banner at the top of the page that can direct me to other parts of pigeon.biz. That could be what your computer isn't agreeing with. I don't like the banner getting in my way so I always come directly to http://www.pigeons.biz/forums. Or it could be an ad which I think some people still have them pop up depending on their internet provider. I use IE and see no ads anymore :)

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
There is a long thread on blocking the ads: http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/showthread.php?t=53848&highlight=advertisements if that is causing the apparent problem.

One way is to update 'hosts' file on your box. Here is what I have, which blocks them on mine using Firefox, Opera or IE:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2006 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host

127.0.0.1 localhost
::1 localhost
127.0.0.1 content.yieldmanager.edgesuite.net
127.0.0.1 yieldmanager.com
127.0.0.1 adserving.cpxinteractive.com
127.0.0.1 pagead.googlesyndication.com
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com

A useful link from that thread (for IE) is: http://adblockie.codeplex.com/releases/view/27612#DownloadId=68935

or just Google 'adblock'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It does not happen to me in other pages/forums/hubpages. Anyway my Internet security is denying it but explains in a detailed report what and how and where, in a language that I do not understand too much. But whatsoever it is DOES have a malicious code. And it did not happen only in this geographical area but the other one as well (I travel between two states) each time when I type pigeons.biz/forums. But if you say it is no problem, it is not. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Can you copy your a/v report & paste it in a post.
would be interesting to see what it actually says.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
It does not happen to me in other pages/forums/hubpages. Anyway my Internet security is denying it but explains in a detailed report what and how and where, in a language that I do not understand too much. But whatsoever it is DOES have a malicious code. And it did not happen only in this geographical area but the other one as well (I travel between two states) each time when I type pigeons.biz/forums. But if you say it is no problem, it is not. Thank you so much.
Don't think anybody has said that in your particular case it's no problem, so I'd do as Bob suggests - he'll certainly figure out what it's saying.

·
Registered
154 Posts
look at your antivirus or spyware blocker they might be detecting something that is not spyware. create exclusion list or as John D said modify your host file which is in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc open hosts with notepad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts