Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
firstly let me thank you for letting my grandson and myself join your site now you may think it cheeky of me in my first post to be asking for help but here goes
hi my name is michael o neill I live in Belfast Ireland after breaking my spine 10 years ago and now I'm unable to work 2 years ago I had my first grandchild jack after visiting a friend (Bill) jack was bough out to see bill's homers jack loved the birds my friend bill suggested I get a small loft build for jack and myself as an interest for us both I said how can you tell a child to keep looking in the sky your birds are coming bill said get fantails so that's what I did a friend sent me a one loft race ring and said I should start collecting rings from other countries and hopefully when jacks older he will keep it up better having a hobby of pigeons and collecting racing rings than when he's older standing on street corners drinking or abusing people if you had a ring or 2 old or new that you could send jack I would be very grateful if you cant help please stay friends jack loves his birds and even helps with the scraping I haven't sent my address as I think that would be a bit cheeky if you can help just email and I'll send my address thanks ****
ps

please check

http://www.pigeonjournal.com

http://pigeonsincombat.com/film.html

as we only started keeping pigeons last year I'm sorry but we have FEW rings to send you in return
but you will have my thanks and friendship
countries like China,Japan,Taiwan,Morocco,Malta,Bangladesh,Mexico,Bulgaria,Arab Countries,Middle East,South America,The ex-Russian States,Russia,Africa and India all countries I'm finding it very difficult to get rings/bands from so I'm hoping you can help and indeed ANY country we would be grateful for rings / bands even phone number rings/bands

if I have contacted you before sorry I do not mean to offend PLEASE DELETE THIS
if you cant help and can think of someone who maybe can please forward this email

our email [email protected]

pps

I have to add this as one person I contacted got back to me

saying I was SPAMMING him

I emailed back

please except my sincere apologises

explaining I have been going onto different pigeon sites

and sending emails to different fanciers

and sometimes the same email address are on different sites

if I don't do this I have to buy the rings of ebay

I have bought jack rings from ebay

BUT

I DO NOT

HAVE NOT

AND WILL NOT

SALE ANY RINGS / BANDS

AT ANYTIME

again if I have contacted you before I am sorry

please just delete this

as I do not mean to offend

Attachments

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Cute grandson. By rings, you are asking for bands we put on the legs of our birds? Not sure what this ring is. Still, beautiful birds and cute grandson.

Tony

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Yes. He is looking for bands. And what a handsome little boy your grandson is.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi ****, I like what you are trying to do for your grandson, you're right, way too many youngsters get into trouble thru lack of 'something to do' on a dvd I saw recently (secrets of champions) they filmed at a school for youngsters with bad behaviour who had built pigeon lofts and were racing their birds, it seemed that these youngsters were really captured by the birds and were becoming valuable members of society, I'm sure with such a keen granddad that Jack will stay away from trouble and contribute well to his community. Wishing you all the luck in the world, Michelle

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Wasn't this posted here before? I've also got an email or two from you before. Sadly, I don't have any bands to give.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll trade a few bands for Jack...lol.... he is a beautiful child. good luck.
hi everyone and thank you for the encouraging messages I'm a firm believer in that children learn from us jack and his sister nadine are with me and the wife every morning their daddy works full time and their mammy (our daughter part-time) so in their early years its very important we try to teach them right please thank you and so on its terrible to see young children running about with no respect for anyone or anything every morning its granda granda and to be honest some mornings I'm still in bed (I take painkillers every 2 hours) jacks upstairs granda then its out to the birds we get them all out jack gets his pot of corn he used to throw corn everywhere then chase birds trying to get a one but now he's 2 and wiser he gets his pot of corn SITS in the yard and the birds all come to him and he loves the grizzels I scrape the loft and jack get the bucket and puts the scrapings into it then jack HAS to fill the drinker he loves the water nadine is 1 and not walking yet but when its dry nadine is out back at the birds also (pigeon fancying isn't just for males well not in my house anyway) so not only do I have 3 pigeon fanciers but on a good day (we don't get a lot of them in Ireland lol) the wife and 2 daughters come out and watch jack and nadine with the birds and do you know what I love it
we are looking rings/bands so if you can spare any or know someone who can PLEASE put them in touch we have some IHU Irish Homing Union rings we can swap I hope when jack and nadine are older we can sit down with a big map of the world and put rings on each country they come from jack opens all his own mail and granda teaches jack his colours and we count them its a start and a great way to learn he also is learning to look after and respect his birds now that's not to say we haven't had some mishaps (nothing serious) but I'll tell you all about that again
well its great to hear from all Mary sorry about the 2 email ****

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Haha, no problem :) But like I've said before, if I had some spare bands, I'd send'em over!
Sounds like your grandkids are really enjoying the birds :) Two future fanciers for sure!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Haha, no problem :) But like I've said before, if I had some spare bands, I'd send'em over!
Sounds like your grandkids are really enjoying the birds :) Two future fanciers for sure!
Mary we are looking rings /bands
BUT
we are also looking FRIENDS
thats very very important also
**** and grandson jack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts