Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.
I am heartbroken to write this and have been dreading the day for quite some time now but I am desperate to find good homes for my four pigeons.
My health has been deteriorating over the past three years and I am now disabled with a carer/nurse and have regular stays in hospital. My sister (bless her) has been holding the fort and doing what she can as for looking after them and coming to my place to do all the cleaning/feeding etc but she cannot continue to do this on a permanent basis.
I am bed ridden much of the day with chronic pain and under very strong medication that makes me sleep a lot of the time and I just cannot do the things I used to.
I am so worried for them. I have two males who cannot fly but they have mates and have been very happy together. I was able before to let the mates out to have a fly around and they would return to be with their partners.
Can anyone please help or advise me? I am at my wits end with worry about them but I have to try and sort something out for them.
If there are any good homes anywhere then I would make sure all expenses etc were well covered, that would not be a problem.

Please please help!

Ed.

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Whereabouts are you located, Ed? Just in case one of us may know of someone/someplace not too far

John

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
I am very sorry to hear the news Ed.
I hope you will feel better soon.
I am sure homes will be found for your darlings.

Reti

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for the replies and the support! You have me in tears already!

I am in Corby, Northants, UK.

Somewhere near would of course be good but I don't mind any distance so long as they get a good home.

I am so worried because they have mates who can fly, I know that makes things so much more complicated. We used to have a great little system going here but events have ruined it all.

Thanks again for your kind words and support.

Ed.

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Hi Ed,

I am so sorry that things have got so bad for you, there seems to be nothing but sad news nowadays. I can't help because I had a visit from Environmental Health this week, someone had complained about my keeping pigeons. From what she said the complaints were unfounded but she said she would seek advice on how many pigeons I can keep and I am still waiting to hear from her.

I am also trying to relocate 24 free flying pigeons from Worthing, the owner is moving and can't take them with him. But I will have a search around to see if there is anywhere that can offer yours a forever home. If you wrote a private e-mail to the Hillside Sanctuary in Norfolk there is a chance that they could help...they have a couple of aviaries and although they have said they can't take in any more pigeons they are kindly people and might make an exception...if they were there you would be certain that they are well treated.

Cynthia

·
Registered
240 Posts
Gosh Ed, I'm so sorry. I can't begin to imagine how heartbreaking and difficult your predicament is. I sincerely hope you get better very soon. Living with chronic pain is a terrible thing :(

Hopefully someone near you will be able to help, there are a lot of wonderful people on this site. Wishing you all the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.