Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning a mourning dove flew into my patio ceiling fan (it was going on high speed) and is now injured somehow. She's under the bushes and I cannot reach her. Although she will move so I do not touch her, she also will not fly. I know she's hurt, I just don't know what to do about it. I've looked for a rehabber in the Frisco (Plano) Texas area with no luck. I called my emergency vet and he won't have anything to do with her. Other than providing water and a towel for her to sit on if she chooses, I just don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me find someone who can assist with getting this little girl (or boy) some help? I'm so worried she'll die.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
This morning a mourning dove flew into my patio ceiling fan (it was going on high speed) and is now injured somehow. She's under the bushes and I cannot reach her. Although she will move so I do not touch her, she also will not fly. I know she's hurt, I just don't know what to do about it. I've looked for a rehabber in the Frisco (Plano) Texas area with no luck. I called my emergency vet and he won't have anything to do with her. Other than providing water and a towel for her to sit on if she chooses, I just don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me find someone who can assist with getting this little girl (or boy) some help? I'm so worried she'll die.
Is this close to you? I'm still looking.........
http://www.duckpolice.org/BirdWeb/PigeonResourceWeb/rogerswildlife.html

·
Registered
13,047 Posts
You can call Duck Police and ask them for a referral in you area.
You do need to bring the bird inside...put it in a kennel or box and keep it quiet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LoveBirds - thanks for the advice. Unfortunately there isn't anyone on that list or even on the TX Wildlife site that takes care of birds - and that has a number that is valid.

Charis - What is the Duck Police and where do I find their number? I'm unable to catch the bird. I have a yard that will be safe from all predators - is that sufficient, or should I get someone over here to help me catch it? It sure moves fast for possibly being injured.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
LoveBirds - thanks for the advice. Unfortunately there isn't anyone on that list or even on the TX Wildlife site that takes care of birds - and that has a number that is valid.

Charis - What is the Duck Police and where do I find their number? I'm unable to catch the bird. I have a yard that will be safe from all predators - is that sufficient, or should I get someone over here to help me catch it? It sure moves fast for possibly being injured.
Posted twice. Scroll up a few posts and you'll see the link.

·
Registered
7,469 Posts
Unfortunately, it's not close.
It's about a 2 hour drive, and I don't have a vehicle so I can't get there. :-(
:confused: Are you sure you're not thinking about another town?
Hutchins is only about 30 miles from Plano. That's no where near a two hour drive.

Perhaps a neighbor, friend or family member could help by giving you and the dove a ride to Rogers Wildlife?

Cindy

·
Registered
7,469 Posts

Yes! Please do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts