Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 pair of young fantail in a seperate loft, they are about 3 or 4 months old, every active...

Last week, the roof of their loft was damaged, I ordered some replacement, but still have not arrived yet. London was raining a lot this week, although I try to cover the roof up, there are still some water get into the loft, thus it is damp..

yesterday I notice one of them is hiding at the bottom shelf, I thought he was sleeping, but today I found he is sick.. he does not eat and drink, and have greenish running dropping cover his vent..

I isolated it in some warm place, and try to feed him some garlic, but he does not look well, please help!!!:(

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
You need to get all of them out of the coop if it is drafty, damp and inside where it is dry and no air drafts, as that is bad for all of them.

Isolate the sick bird and follow these instructions, as this ird needs to be stabilized:

http://www.pigeons.biz/forums/f108/basic-steps-to-saving-the-life-of-a-pigeon-or-dove-8822.html

You will have to force feed him once you are done with the rehydration process or he/she can sucumb from starvation/dehydration.

You can easily hand feed peas (thawed and drained) and warmed, but get the bird warmed up per instructions.

I'm sure others will respond.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much, I moved him indoor and put in a box with heating on.

I also followed your suggestion, feed him some solution, also a few peanut, as I run of peas.. very difficult , he refuse to eat, and spit out.

I am gonna repair the roof this weekend :-(

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think he can not make it. I feed him solution and a few peanut, and put him on the heating, as there is no food, his dropping just green water... he look ok this morning, but when I get home after work... he can not even stand up and lift his head...
what can I do??? :-(

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Do you have any antibiotics on hand?
Keep him hydrated, no more peanuts for now. You can give water with a little salt and very little sugar, just for a day. But you need to start him on antibiotics. Not knowing what is wrong with him, I would start a sulfa drug and Flagyl. Is there a way you can get any/or both of them?
It would be great if you could take him to a vet.

Reti

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.