Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a pigeon in need of a safe secure home. He is definately a male, about 2 years old, I found him at about 3 weeks old orphaned so he is a feral but tame. He is aggressive at times, so will need someone who can handle that.
I am truly sad to let him go, but my circumstances have changed and i can no longer keep him. Also, he has become very territorial lately, (breeding season?) and i think he really needs a home that is stable and his own territory and possibly a mate.

He has bonded with me and likes to be tickled and petted at times, he is full of character and gets excited over anything. He especially likes pens. He has had no contact with other pigeons since i took him in, or any animal, so I don't know how he will take to another pigeon but I would imagine he will always be a peoples' pigeon since that is what he knows, and he seems to have a preference for women over men.

It is heartbreaking to have to let him go, but I believe it's for the best as I just can't give him what he needs anymore and i feel more cruel keeping him than giving him to a nice home.

He has his own cage (a dog crate), toys, food, a couple of shelves and a nest i made for him which he loves and uses all the time (this is where he mostly accepts tickles).

I guess my ideal home for him would be a quiet stable one, where he can be free to roam all day, with someone with experience and company for him near to manchester.

If you can help or have any advice please get in touch, thanks.
Louisa

·
Registered
11,336 Posts
Hi Louisa,

Have you managed to find him a home yet?

You could telephone the man that used to have the Three Owls Sanctuary, he might know someone. The number is 07973 819389. Also try Freshfield in Ince Blundell: 0151-931-1604

If they can't take the bird ask if they know of anyone else that could help...following little leads given by sanctuaries often helps you find a rescuer that isn't listed anywhere or a pigeon lover with an aviary.

Cynthia

1 - 2 of 2 Posts