Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had wild birds nest a few months back and I followed an article from a local wild life center and I let them do their thing. so everything was going good till may 18th mom and dad left and dad returned alone so that night he slept alone. Now that the babies are just over 7 weeks old and flying all over. They (daddy bird and 2 babies) usually all return to the gardening shelf turned sleeping area and sleep together but I noticed tonight daddy at first was chasing them to go in the gardening shelf then they all took off and daddy bird was aggressive with them when they tried to go on the gardening shelf so the babies are now sleeping on the concrete. Sooo the one neighbor next to me put up spikes and now he's trying to put up wind chimes

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
It's normal for the dad to start chasing the youngsters away when they become older. Mommy is probably incubating eggs somewhere else. Can't you provide them with more perches for sleeping on?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
It's normal for the dad to start chasing the youngsters away when they become older. Mommy is probably incubating eggs somewhere else. Can't you provide them with more perches for sleeping on?
No their on my balcony. My concern is that I don't want dad to hurt them or kill them. They are sleeping in the corner of the balcony

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dad won't kill them, he is just trying to get them to move away.
ok I just worried I read all about different things and I read about aggression and scalping and didn't want this to be that and I'm new to observing these guys and also how do I get daddy to find a new spot he sadly can't stay on my apartment balcony forever (If I had my way things would be sooo different) Thank You for all your help and advice I greatly appreciate it so much

1 - 5 of 5 Posts