Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,048 Posts
Does the bird have an injury on the chest?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really know. I can't tell if he's picking his feathers out or if that's how he looks. Since i don't know or didn't know what kind of bird it is, I couldn't compare a picture. Thanks for your concern. Now you got me worried.

·
Registered
9,868 Posts
Looks exactly like my Oliver and Fran. They have a frill on their chest and head. They are Satinettes.
Very sweet birds. I call them baby dolls.

Reti

·
Registered
128 Posts
Did anyone else just think there was racing pigeons and those in the town centre before coming to this site? I tell ya what guys you are educating me every time I pop in, I'm truly addicted!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Did anyone else just think there was racing pigeons and those in the town centre before coming to this site? I tell ya what guys you are educating me every time I pop in, I'm truly addicted!
I had seen fantails before (and wondered how the heck they manage with those tails) but never expected so many other "fancy" breeds.

I also never realized that common feral pigeons were "different" from racing pigeons - I always thought all kinds of pigeons could or would "home" (led by the difficulty of discouraging ferals when they want to roost or nest in places where we don't want them)...

I get a big "d'oh" every day I read here... what I know about pigeons could fit on the head of a pin with plenty of room left over for angels to dance :rolleyes: ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.