Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really trying to keep it in right now; without much success...

I have a pigeon that I saved after being hit by a car months ago. Took her to my house and after she got better; I let her go. The thing is, Streetwise (Her name since she got hit by a car.) never left. She bonded to my chickens and just like that; I bonded to her.

I found her tday, in the laying box she picked out for her sleeping area, with an extremely bloody foot. On closer expection. It's completely broken; the bone sticking out at the wrist. I'm in tears typing this; because I know my parent won't take her to the vet because she's a street bird. Pretty much worthless to them. PLEASE HELP ME! I don't want her to die.

As what I did for her; I put vetrecine and baking soda on it. Now she's in my drawer, it's dark and warm.

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
Please do a search for a local rehabber and see if you can find help. The bird really does need to be seen by an avian vet or rehabber. The foot needs professional attention, antibiotics, and pain killers.

That life is just as precious as any domestic pigeon, and it is you who saved her and gave her the life that put her in the current circumstances.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts