Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
In the last picture you can see white on the head of this yellow pigeon. This would be a cross with one of the other Gohzar's to get the white on the head. Maybe a Safi or Bolk cross. Also the head type is an indication that this was a cross of a Asfar to a Ottati or Azrak Katifa etc..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi rollerdoneks Thanks for your reply, these birds are flying type?and here in India I am getting these quality only.any chances of getting pure white ES by breeding this pair?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your birds mostly resemble the Mawardy (Light Rose or Apricot) Asfar (Light Yellow) ES. ES are called Gohzar in Egypt. To answer your question about getting a white ES! A Waraka (Golden Leaf) is a ivory White bird with a very diluted yellow neck.
Mawardy and Waraka are a very common cross to make within the Asfar Group of ES and you very well may get the Waraka Asfar's. Good Luck with your ES.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your info rollerdoneks.any guess on my pigeons...are they fly type or show type?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Asfar

A show type Mawardy will have a Roller like head with a miniature grain of wheat size like beak, thin and very short.
Flight and tail feathers are white.
Eyes are light orange with narrow pale yellow band encircling the pupil.
Beak and nails are white /clear.
Your birds are flying type.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much rollerdoneks.One more question..In the first pic(male) is the father of second pic(Hen)breeding of these father and daughter will get any genetical problem and these two birds had all internal feathers are white color even the present hen is the 1 st time production of the male.I am trying for white color swift. Expecting some suggestions from you Mr. rollerdoneks.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
breeding

A father-daughter mating is okay, if this hasn't gone on for to many generations before this. This is a form of inbreeding. You are doubling up on both the good genes and the bad. With the close matings the chance of problems increases. With a lack of ES in this country and probably yours we have to use what we have as stock birds. That's where the inbreeding problems arise.
I don't know the answer to your question about getting white from these birds. I can say. Enjoy your birds and raise babies to see what you get.
Dennis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts