Pigeon-Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is actually a post by someone else, that was added by mistake to the end of another thread...
Ok hi guys, I am new to this site so I don't exactly know how this works. We have a couple of pigeons and recently one of them fell sick. We separated it from the rest of the pigeons and it's been about 2 weeks since it's been sick. We brought it home and the vet said it might be having a virus, we've been force feeding it. It's got diarrhea eventhough it seems to have improved with time but not disappeared.

We are currently feeding it ourselves as it won't eat by itself. It doesn't fly nor make any sounds. Occasionally it moves around but afterwards usually pulls his head down. His neck used to twist around and probably still does.

Does he have the Paramyxovirus? The vets here don't have the stuff to test it or obtain any blood samples as such.

It's been about 10 days or more since we've been feeding it. Looks sad and depressed mostly, but is still surviving.

Earlier it would put out anything as soon as we'd feed it even if it was just liquid.

Now after a few days, it does pass out occasional watery stool, with a greenish texture.

We fed it corn yesterday and it seemed to be fine. Fed corn today though and it came out as it is undigested.

Please help me out guys and sorry for the long post.

Oh and we've been giving it vitamins and an antibiotic too...

·
Premium Member
9,476 Posts
Thanks, Jondove - posts now in their own thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.