Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that intentional vaccines are banned and there are no longer a domestic vaccine what are you guys using? I am skeptical of the Lasota vaccine that goes in the water that foys and segals are selling. Thanks

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
People don't really have much choice now. You can give it individually also, but I guess you are supposed to repeat it every 4 to 6 weeks during the racing season. This is terrible.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reread the description for dosing as quoated from Foys,

"In January 2017, the federal government banned the sale of imported vaccines to the U.S. Since there is no PMV or Pox vaccine made in the U.S., this left all pigeon fanciers without a way to vaccinate their birds against the very deadly PMV-1 Virus and the Pigeon Pox Virus. For years many pigeon fanciers have used the Lasota vaccine, rather than the PMV-1 Vaccine, and now we all have to use Lasota. The Lasota is not an injectable, in other words, you need not use a syringe and needle to vaccinate your birds. I recently spoke to a very well know veterinarian about using the Lasota. He uses it and is quite satisfied with its ability to prevent PMV-1. The veterinarian explained in detail how he uses it, and Foy’s is quite pleased to pass on this information. Before I describe how to use it, you must be aware that once you open the small bottle, you must use it all or dispose of what you do not use."
THE LASOTA MUST BE KEPT COLD, NOT FROZEN.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have had good success with method #1 Birds are healthy NO more sad loss. I do it every 4 months. Its cheap at 10.oo bucks a vial.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts