Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone or can you feed pigeons popped white popcorn, popped in olive oil? My wife wants to know, so she can feed it to them as just a treat.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Has anyone or can you feed pigeons popped white popcorn, popped in olive oil? My wife wants to know, so she can feed it to them as just a treat.
My birds are afraid of it.

Give then raw, unsalted peanuts as treats, but only in moderation, its like crack for pigeons.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
It is not "like" crack"--Raw is very good for them..Lots of fat-gives then energy.
Popcorn and peanuts both raw are very good for the birds.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Oh, sorry, must of not put the "lol" in there.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
I use chopped unsalted peanuts as a treat. Once they find out how good they are, they just love them.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
It is not "like" crack"...
Not impressed...

Yes, peanuts are like crack for pigeons. Put a bowl of peanuts out and a bowl of well balanced seed out and you'll find that the peanuts is all they'll eat and in short order, all you'll have is overweight birds. But to each his own.

·
Banned
2,389 Posts
I give the birds all the peanuts they will eat the day of shipping for a race 300 miles or more--gives them fat for energy to burn .

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
it is better for them unpopped, why go through the trouble... and as said there are other treats to give like the peanuts and safflower seeds or shelled sunflower seeds. fine chopped greens too.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Yes, mine love all those things. And they're good for them, but sshhhhhhhhhh........ they don't know it.:p

1 - 11 of 11 Posts