Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Poppy has joined my YB's, will learn to trap and will be a free flyer along with the young ones. I honestly have no where to put him except in a pen by his self and I tried that for a week and he was just pitiful. He would beg me to come "play" with him every time I came into the loft.
Here's HIS version of playing.......not mine........that bird can BITE. OUCH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUhT2GrpNVI

·
Registered
763 Posts
Cute Video. He looks like pecks bad boy playing with the others. Rough and tumble all the time. :)

George

·
Registered
279 Posts
POPPY!!!! you little creep!!! hahahahahahahaaa!!!! renee, i laughed all the way thru that!!! i loved the one point where he sprinted across the box with his wings up....i could just hear him screaming in a little boy voice 'HIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE-YAAAAAH!' :D

freakin' hysterical, that bad boy. and no doubt if you scooped him up and smooched him, he'd be like 'ohhhh, i love my grammy renee...' just like his distant cousin trooper......

you gotta love these boys.... by the way, i love hearing you snickering in the background!!!! not good for poppy the ninja pigeon's ego, but funny as all get out!!!! :D

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
ROFL, Renee!!

You really MUST get a mate for Poppy!!

Either he REALLY loves your hand OR you are THE intruder! I would almost say the former, 'cause Woe REALLY attacks my hand but he doesn't end up puffing and cooing afterwards!!

Love, Hugs and Scritches (when you can!!)

Shi :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yeah where did I read somewhere that pigeons don't bite :confused: hahahaha. . . maybe they prefer to call it PINCHING :p

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Yeah where did I read somewhere that pigeons don't bite :confused: hahahaha. . . maybe they prefer to call it PINCHING :p
A pinch by any other name is still a BITE!

And whether you prefer the term "pinch" or "bite," mine do theirs VERY WELL, especially Woe with that West of England Tumbler rapier beak!! OUCH! :eek:

Love and Hugs

·
Premium Member
25,396 Posts
He sure treats you as his equal, boy, you need to wear gloves around Poppy.

I sure hope he will be safe when he goes outside with the young birds and learns to trap and free fly.

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
POPPY!!!! you little creep!!! hahahahahahahaaa!!!! renee, i laughed all the way thru that!!! i loved the one point where he sprinted across the box with his wings up....i could just hear him screaming in a little boy voice 'HIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE-YAAAAAH!' :D

freakin' hysterical, that bad boy. and no doubt if you scooped him up and smooched him, he'd be like 'ohhhh, i love my grammy renee...' just like his distant cousin trooper......

you gotta love these boys.... by the way, i love hearing you snickering in the background!!!! not good for poppy the ninja pigeon's ego, but funny as all get out!!!! :D

ROFL, Renee!!

You really MUST get a mate for Poppy!!

Either he REALLY loves your hand OR you are THE intruder! I would almost say the former, 'cause Woe REALLY attacks my hand but he doesn't end up puffing and cooing afterwards!!

Love, Hugs and Scritches (when you can!!)

You know what REALLY gets him PO'd? If it pull my sleeve down over my hand and he can't get any skin........he REALLY goes bonkers then and when I pull my hand back out......he's out for blood..........:eek:

·
Registered
279 Posts
and what's even FUNNIER is that you know that ticks him off......probably a good thing none of us speak pigeon, or wee poppster would be getting his beak washed out with soap!!!!

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Renee, he's showing you that he is not afraid of you...He means real bizness...If he can only talk he will tell you to "back off Renee, you can't scare me"...:D
I don't think he's being quite that nice about it......even in pigeon talk..........LOL

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too bad Renee, looked like homer. Dave
Have to take a good look at the beak, although it's in CONSTANT MOTION in the video, so kinda hard to do......LOL

Here's a pic when he was being nice......only because my hands weren't near him. LOL

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
No I'm not going to race it. It's a half-breed...........Dad is a Satinette and Mom is a very tiny homer........he was the only oops baby I've ever had.
Oooooo! "I'm tellin' Poppy", he is just an accident baby :D LOL...Did you try to toss him and how's his homing performance so far?

·
Registered
15,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oooooo! "I'm tellin' Poppy", he is just an accident baby :D LOL...Did you try to toss him and how's his homing performance so far?
No. Poppy will not see the inside of a basket. If I can keep him here loft flyingg, that will be good enough. He'll mate up with a young homer hen and be here when she returns from a race. He IS almost 8 months old, so I just hope he doesn't take off on me the first time out. :(

·
Registered
822 Posts
If you hadn't bred that bad boy yourself, I'd think he was related to our Birdzilla!!! We "play" the same 'pull the sleeve over the hand' game. When the hand comes back out, Birdzilla backs up and NAILS it - all in one motion. SUCH BAD BIRDS (and soooooo hard not to laugh at them!!) It sure makes it easier to catch them tho' ... when they're already attached to the other hand.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
That bird reminds me off Debyter of Dennis Weinrich fame in Youtube. LOL! Such attitude for a bird. That bird has probability of surviving outside. I just hope that indeed he will not just takes off and gets lost because he is wing strong.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts