Pigeon-Talk banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Nesting Box

Here's how it looks like. The Box that you can see is not in the regular position, I keep it along side the Right Partition so that the babies/eggs are in the back corner and in the front there is a wooden bar which will not allow things to fall. Ofcource now the babies are 21 days old and can walk around, so whenever I keep the door open I keep an eye on them -

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi Sushil,

What I meant by "shelves" was a poor choice of words . What I was trying to describe was a board going across from one side to the other and maybe 8 to 12 inches wide at the back of the loft and halfway between top and bottom . I cant tell if you have an upper and lower level with screen between top and bottom or not . If you do I suppose that would take the place of that board . Otherwise you might try adding it for them to sit on . My birds like to sit like that while resting in the loft . Sometimes I put the nest boxes on it , sometimes not as I move things alot . Mine is similar to yours but higher .

I have two traps in mine and today I found out a new cockbird in one section figured out how to get back out through the bob trap 2 days in a row now ..... I need to do some re engineering. :D he's a smart little bugger .

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Ok I get your point. I'll try to make some sort of arrangement for them to sit on.

Yes Within two months I have observed that these are one of the very intelligent birds. They are masters in finding workarounds and are very sensitive.

Thanks
Sushil

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Sometimes if my pigeons werent interested in incubating...they ate the eggs themselves.

People that keep Budgie's give them a boiled egg once in a while for protein and stuff, I'm gonna try that with pigeons ;)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.