Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i guess ill post a new thread since my other one kinda got ignored.

I have a pair of frills.. One is a hen for sure the other is confusing he will run away like he's a hen.. not fight back.. but he grunts like a cock...big like a cock..

Well they had eggs they had 1 egg one day then two days later they had two more eggs so they have three eggs somehow no sign of any others around the coop. One seems to be fertile but could this be from the homer cock bird they had mixed in with them while they were in another section. Could they be a hen and cock even though they somehow got two eggs in the same day?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
it is hard to tell, you may have two hens and one got fertilized by someone if it is fertile. or only one got fertilized by her mate.... so really there is no answer to give you. you are there we are not...so anytime there are birds together in the loft anything can happen.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
There's a really good chance you have a pair of hens, who were fertilized earlier by that homer. How long have they been away from the homer?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They laided right in front of my door when i walked into my coop with the homer at night and i would see them building a nest. That homer is all over the place so i had an extra nest box where my breeders are so i locked the two frills in a box and they laid the eggs two days later.

I do know last year though the one frill that i dont know what he is would always try to mate with a different homer and try and lay on his eggs.

G

·
3 eggs in the nest means pretty much that you can get just about anything when they hatch being that you have a mix of birds in your loft ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts