Pigeon-Talk banner

Post Office

Tags
monday
2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Skyeking 
#1 ·
I am sure that most of you have heard that the Postal Service will be going to a 5 day delivery system. Therefor when shipping birds ship them on Monday and never on Wednesday or later.Its better to be safe rather then sorryGEORGE;)

#5 ·
Thanks Soymi69 for the information and the link--appreciate--trying to adopt a bird but have not heard as of yet how it will come about and I think that in this case (this bird is disabled ) it should be by continental or something like that--waiting for the persons response--nerve wreaking if you know what I mean...Thanks for the information..c.hert

#6 · (Edited)
Express Mail is the only way the Post Office will ship pigeons.
Horizon has close to a monopoly on the shipping boxes.
There are only a few other USPS approved bird box companies and when I have checked prices, Horizon is cheaper when buying boxes in bulk.
I would love to see more competition, because I believe prices would go dow.
Horizon's web site is:
http://www.hm-e.net/
The cost of Express Shipping is based on the total weight of the pigeons and box and the zip codes for the sender and reciever.
There is an online postage calculator at:
http://postcalc.usps.gov/
Just put in both zip codes, select package, enter the pounds rounded to the next highest pound and hit continue. The page that comes up will give the rates for the various shipping options, though the only one that applies to pigeons is Express Mail.
The average homer weighs about a pound, with some strains considerably more or less.
Rollers average around 10 ounces, again with some strains considerably more or less.
When does the Post Office go down to a 5 day week?

#9 ·
Those auto drinkers look interesting on that first link but they are so tiny and I know that they have larger ones at first I thought they were for the boxes for water for the birds--how silly--but someone told me that the birds might throw up and that would be worse for them...Thanks Covenant Loft...c.hert

#10 ·
Many birds get motion sickness.

#11 ·
I think that, sooner, or later, things will go back to being the same.
The U.S. Postal Service will realize that they are cutting back in the wrong areas. Lack of Service = lack of income.
How many of you business owners have known that for years?

#12 ·
* I think that, sooner, or later, things will go back to being the same.

**The U.S. Postal Service will realize that they are cutting back in the wrong areas. Lack of Service = lack of income.

How many of you business owners have known that for years?
* As long as there is the Internet, I don't see things going back to where they once were.

** General business being conducted at the PO has diminished greatly with so many people utilizing the Internet for paying bills, sending cards, conversing with one another, etc. Less and less mail is being moved.

#15 ·
#20 ·
George, I am sorry, but you missed my earlier post on this thread.
"I just went to:
http://www.usps.com/communications/n...LearnAbout5Day
It states that "Express Mail service will continue seven days a week".
So there will be no change to shipping pigeons by Express Mail."

Express mail will continue to be delivered on the weekends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.