Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 268 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think it would be cool to have a thread that had everyone's loft on the same thread that way if someone is talking about there loft you can go to one thread and put a name with the loft. Here's my 2 lofts.

p

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just chiming in before this gets pretty crazy with people quoting each other and seeing the same lofts throughout the thread. Each person should have 1 post that they edit with their loft pictures. All other posts could be posted elsewhere or PM's. This thread could then be stickied and a great reference for people to flip through to see many different loft designs. With that said I will delete my post if that is decided.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just chiming in before this gets pretty crazy with people quoting each other and seeing the same lofts throughout the thread. Each person should have 1 post that they edit with their loft pictures. All other posts could be posted elsewhere or PM's. This thread could then be stickied and a great reference for people to flip through to see many different loft designs. With that said I will delete my post if that is decided.
I agree that was my intention to start with just one pic of each loft I'm just getting tired of talking to someone about there loft then have to spend a hour trying to find it on here. I think its a good idea to put what type birds you raise like abluechipstock did.

·
Banned
267 Posts
The loft is 7½’ high x 8’ x 5’ ,,, allowing for two sections with a door on each side that open to the flying pen, there is also a small sliding door inside the loft… The flying pen is 7½’ high x 8’x 2’ allowing for the trapdoor and main entrance, the rest of the flying pen is 6’ 2” high x 8 x 8... It may not seem like the loft is sitting on blocks, but it is! And the flying pen has cement slabs with a few small drainage holes for rain water to seep out or when I hose it down…

Louie
DHF Lofts

View attachment 17756

View attachment 17757

View attachment 17758

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Here's mine....
This loft is for my Homer's, Tumbler's and 1 King Pigeon.
The loft is 8 X 12 with 10' peak, the flight cage is 10 X 12.
The flight cage is completely wrapped with 1/4 and 1/2 inch hardware mesh, dug down in the ground about 8 inches and covered with all purpose sand.
The windows are also covered with 1/4 " hardware mesh so they can be opened in the summer.
(the cages and carriers are no longer in the flight cage, that was just for transporting the birds when I moved)

This is a great thread!! I love to look at other loft's to get ideas!
This is my (temporary) Fantail loft. I'm saving to get another shed to convert for them.
It's 4 X 8 X 10 high. Attached to an enclosed gazebo (now storage shed) sitting on a concrete slab.

·
Registered
790 Posts

Front view of my loft

From the inside looking at my aviary all opened up to the inside of the loft

Right side of the wall, the left side is the same

outside side wall

1 - 20 of 268 Posts