Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Calcium To The Yb 0.1 in The Morning and 0.1 in the night , but im know giving my ob infection medication as she got attacked by a mut :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Garlic on the water every Sunday, ACV (Bragg) on Thursdays, MWF Electrolytes or Multi vitamins in water only in the morning after loft flying and feeding.. TTHS will be just plain water and right diet..

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
ACV a few times a week....Red cell occasionally...a couple weeks before racing and during, I'll have a couple new supplements I'll be trying out.
Otherwise, no medication unless I see a problem.
As for feeding, one scoop (I'm pretty sure it's equal to 3 cups) in the morning, two in the afternoon...Pretty simple around here.

·
Registered
690 Posts
K.I.S.S. Keep it simple stupid. That is my loft management.

Everyday the race birds get clean water with primaLac and Pro-Vital pigeon boost in it. And they get feed daily at 6PM, or it is there when they get home from a training toss. All my race birds fly all year not just there season. My OB are still getting tosses with my YB team. And will loft fly in winter too. :)
The breeders get clean water with primaLac daily and boost on wedensday. (it is there vitamins). During breeding season Pro-vital pigeon breeder is in there water daily.
My lofts are scraped often. The birds are not scared of me or the scraper. I can pet every race bird when it is on it's pearch. I don't need to chase my birds at basketing time. I like to put a loft dressing on the floors when there is alot of rain so the dampness sucked up by the fresh poop dryes easyer. I find keeping the loft clean and DRY is very inportant.:)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention my birds get fed at 6pm as well :) And in the mornings, at 7-8ish, unless we train, in which they will have food when they return.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Racing season - Vita King System with some modifications.

Note that I don't shove down all of these at the same time. *************I don't mix and match, I alternate ************
Non-racing season supplements for 2009 youngsters in development:

1. Always plain water in the evening.
2. Alternate every few days: Choice of Mineral blocks/crumbles, Belgian grit, VanHee pick stones, pick blocks, carbonate, black minerals, Colombine Vita, etc...

Not rigid about this, but fairly close.....

Saturday - Alternate Creatine/Carnitine/and other amino acid body building conditioning supplements (Speed Plus, Omniform, Carmine, Amino Vital, Thomas labs, etc)
Sunday - Probiotics (Alternate Entero Plus, Vetafarm Probios, Intestum, oregano extract products, ACV, garlic juice).
Monday- Feather conditioners (Alternate methionine products: Herbots Methioforte, Medpet Pre-Molt, etc)
Tuesday- Usually Plain water
Wednesday - Probiotics (Alternate Entero Plus, Vetafarm, Probios, Intestum, oregano extract products, ACV, garlic juice).
Thursday - Feather conditioners (Alternate methionine products: Herbots Methioforte, Medpet Pre-Molt, etc)
Friday - Vitamins/minerals/probiotics/electrolytes (alternate VitaKing Pro Combo, ProVital Combos, etc...)

Probiotics, probiotics, probiotics !!!!!! And it works - the undisputed best record in Arizona in three different directions, and flying two completely opposite directions in the same season !!!!

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
You're asking for G14 classified information ;)
J/K

1 - 11 of 11 Posts