Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fantail pigeon had yeast before in her mouth like 6 months ago.
i noticed her beak have damage, maybe from fighting with the other male pigeon, and checked her mouth again only to find some thing inside again.
Should I treat her for yeast ?
Hand Bird Beak Finger Gesture

Bird Beak Feather Wing Falconiformes

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Hi, if the bottle is already opened (I mean, you opened it 6 months ago) you can't use it. The directions for use of mine say to not use it a week after the opening.
If the bottle is closed just check the expiration date as Marina said.

Last time did she have yeast only in oral form (only in the mouth)? This time do you think it's only oral yeast? Or do you think that it involves even digestive tract, etc ?
If it's only in the mouth/beak you could treat it by applying on the growths (and in the whole mouth as well) something like Betadine 10% or Éosine 2%.
Here I explained how to do that:

If you suspect that it involves even other areas like digestive tract, etc you need to give even a medication.
My poor pigeon Caterina got a terrible yeast infection in 2017 and I treated her with nystatin (other than with a topical treatment in mouth/throat). Last summer she developed again yeast and I gave her again nystatin. Unfortunately it didn't work and I lost her.
I feel so bad because now I suspect that yeast became resistant to nystatin. So be careful, candida may become resistant to Nystatin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts