Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,,for past 3 days a sweet red checker racer has been hanging out with all the regulars in flock,,im sure its a female,as the males seem to be giving her a LOT of attention,shes wearing a red ring on her leg,she comes for food and water and cheekily sits on fence,she uses feeding station no problem and knows what a grit dish is for,we have been trying to catch her to find information on her band and hopefully trace her owner,tried the box method,net and even my washing basket(a "nearly" indeed),shes a light brown checker with red markings and ash colour on tail and flights,real nice bird,looks clean,well cared for and is not injured or distressed in any way,she seems to be mixing well with the flock,even the bossy females(caramel log is even tolerating her without pecking or chasing!)asked my friend in the racing loft,he says shes not his,gonna ask the other guy in west side of town tommorow after work as a recall he had a few red coloured birds and khaki bars etc,shes real nice but id like to get her home to her rightful owner

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
I think red checker and white birds attracts attention. Yeah, you can find the owner. But there is a dark side to this. If that bird is a racer and got lost, the owner might not like it back or if it is back, it might just get killed. Obviously the owner might be looking for it, too, so that is the good side.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that did cross my mind!she doesnt have a rubber ring on leg,only an ID ring,,if i cant trace owner i am happy to take her on,she looks quite young,and friendly!!!we often ge tteh odd racer who stops for a refreshment and goes off again,i have 1(amigo)who has been here for ayear!(i tried to trace owner,phoned club etc)no one ever claimed her,so now shes here and happy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts