Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just starting out and at this point I have the start of a homer flock and some rollers. I know the homers can't fly free again but I have since read that rollers have little or no homing instinct, so other than teaching them to use my koops trap what do I need to do so I can watch them fly.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have 2 tumblers I got from someone that had to get rid of thre birds. They were close to 2 years old. I brought them home while I was building a loft and had them in a small pin. The male got out 1 day accidently after only being at my house for a day, he ended up coming back the next morning. I kept them locked in the loft after that where they could spend time on the landing board and see the surroudings. I let them out (on my own) after a little over a week, and they never go far. I have noticed these breed stays very close to home. I can almost always see them flying in the sky

·
Registered
331 Posts
The rollers can be let out after a few weeks let them out of the trap if you have a settling cage put that over the trap so they can learn to use it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts