·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
Hey jang786,

You are turning like a pro. Nice recovery! One way of rehoming/resettling bird is indeed to have them have babies. That way they have a reason and motivation.

You are lucky though that it circled and not just took off. If it did that you might have ended up with less probability of return.

ggoss1,
Thanks for that tip!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
That is up to you! It knows home already. Some prisoners when flown might still go back to where they came from even though they already know the new home and have kids! If the bird is too valuable, I'll keep it as prisoner. By the way I don't have prisoners. I fly all my birds so I ended up resettling even 2 year olds. The problem is that my favorite birds get taken by hawks and that hurts! Then I kept on second guessing myself whether I should have kept those birds as prisoners.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
My resident hawks are my neighbors. They roost overlooking my loft. We don't have ferals here at my neighborhood. Light posts have bird spikes in them.

·
Registered
790 Posts
one of my male prisoner which has babies got out because i accidently left the door open and it started flying around in circles and i ran inside the loft started shaking the feed can and right he came and trapped in :) i was really scared because i thought i had lost him..
Lucky you... I had one of my prisoner hen get out when I loft fly my flock yesterday afternoon. No sign of her around this morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts