Pigeon-Talk banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hmmmm...do you do SOLID ACV or combine w water? Bathwise...darn, they can gulp it also? Wow ...who knew...yeah please confirm this. Good to know if I end up bringing 1 here.
Apple Cider Vinegar should be mixed with water, 5ml ACV to 1 litre water. Give to pigeons one week on, one week off. They are fond of bathing in it as well as drinking it. I am looking after 70 wild pigeons so not possible to treat them individually as they do not like being handled by humans. It is advisable to get a pH test kit to make sure the pH is reading 4.5–5 as you will find a variance in pH in different areas. Canker protozoa do not like acid water. ACV acts both as a tonic/probiotic and kills mites/lice.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes Marina is great with her advice! Where do you find the mites? In their drinking water? Are their bath and drinking water same? This little one has lice, and I ordered Chamomile tea but it would take 10 days to get delivered.
Pigeons I am looking after are very wild, they bathe and drink in the same water so I change it frequently during a day. I find the mites floating around in the water when I change it. Apple Cider Vinegar is very good for pigeons. Ask Dr Google about it. It's good for us humans too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Pigeons I am looking after are very wild, they bathe and drink in the same water so I change it frequently during a day. I find the mites floating around in the water when I change it. Apple Cider Vinegar is very good for pigeons. Ask Dr Google about it. It's good for us humans too.
I did as advised, twice, but its hasn't stopped!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Apple Cider Vinegar should be mixed with water, 5ml ACV to 1 litre water. Give to pigeons one week on, one week off. They are fond of bathing in it as well as drinking it. I am looking after 70 wild pigeons so not possible to treat them individually as they do not like being handled by humans. It is advisable to get a pH test kit to make sure the pH is reading 4.5–5 as you will find a variance in pH in different areas. Canker protozoa do not like acid water. ACV acts both as a tonic/probiotic and kills mites/lice.
Excellent info just need to know this is factual.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I always have ACV.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Excellent info just need to know this is factual.
I received this information from a pigeon breeder/trainer who owns a bird pet shop. He claimed this method worked as a preventive for canker and some bacterial diseases, as well as for keeping birds in good health appearance wise. I.e. he claimed their feathers improved and that it controlled mites and some other pests. He also said their cere would become white.
I would be pleased if anybody who knows of other benefits also made comments, based on experience. Any information is valuable to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I received this information from a pigeon breeder/trainer who owns a bird pet shop. He claimed this method worked as a preventive for canker and some bacterial diseases, as well as for keeping birds in good health appearance wise. I.e. he claimed their feathers improved and that it controlled mites and some other pests. He also said their cere would become white.
I would be pleased if anybody who knows of other benefits also made comments, based on experience. Any information is valuable to me.
Ok. Good. I hope you did NOT get from Broadway Pigeon in Brooklyn NY. He has a delusional schizo idea that wild pigeons are affecting HIS flocks. So he sends 2 Hispanic guys out in a van and captures, starves, shoots these beautiful wonderful DEFENSELESS babies. He is a sick psycho maniac.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ok. Good. I hope you did NOT get from Broadway Pigeon in Brooklyn NY. He has a delusional schizo idea that wild pigeons are affecting HIS flocks. So he sends 2 Hispanic guys out in a van and captures, starves, shoots these beautiful wonderful DEFENSELESS babies. He is a sick psycho maniac.
He has this DEMENTED 'idea' thatthe wilds are making his birds sick.....so RIDICULOUS.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts