Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
Okay so my pigeons now live outdoors in a loft (Odd Feathers).

Well in November of 2009, I adopted 4 King pigeons from Elizabethy on here.

I have gotten rather close to Sparkle, I believe she is a hen..although the sex is unknown. She enjoys spending time withand on me..just like Beautiful and Whiteflight.

This past week it has be rather cool outdoors, that loft stays in the 30's with the heater and mat.. but I haven't really been out there like I am normally.

Anyways, I have a problem. The last few days when I walk into the loft to feed, water, check boxes, and birds. Little Sparkle walks over and sits/stands on my shoes. I am worried that I am going to step on her...

Any ideas???

I have thought about getting a bright pair of shoes, but don't know if that'd help.

She normally sits on my lap while I read to them..but I have not done that all week.

Thanks for any advice!
Hilly

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
She wants your attention. Bright colored shoes won't help, plqace her on the perch or place where you can see her. Stepping on her is real danger as it will be fatal.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Sure seems like she is telling you that she misses the routine of your having her in your lap. Could some of your loft cleaning be done one handed so you could hold her at the same time? I did that before we got Archie a mate so he had more attention. Some folks would love to have your problem of a bird that wants to interact with you! ;) :D

·
Guardian Angel
10,523 Posts
Sounds like you will have to brave the cold, put your mittens on and go read a book.
Dave
AGREED!!

Pigeons ARE creatures of habit...BIG TIME! They want their routine!! Ask my guys...they will set you straight right away! :rolleyes:

Sounds like HEAT time in the loft! ;)

Love and Hugs

Shi :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts