Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought all my birds were finished breeding for the year, and then I had a hen lay about two weeks ago. My problem is I am out of 09 bands and can't find any, everyones out. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try these two plces. Also on the internet. Foy's Pigeon Supplies 3185 Bennett's Run Rd. Beaver Falls, PA 15010 1-877-355-7727 or.... Pigeon Extravaganza 5508 Griffith Rd. • Monroe, NC 28112 704-764-8162 Goodluck.. Also have a thread that I am not getting answers on. Any help would be appreciated. TITLED (Emergency Roller Pigeon 5 week old Question/Help ) Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would be great I am a member and they are sending me some 2010 but didn't have any 09 bands. Let me know how much you want for them and I'll get it on the way..Thanks!

·
Registered
219 Posts
I'm new and would like to have a few for homers and rollers if anyone still have any that they are not using anymore for 09. Just have a few eggs that are gonna hatch and would like to band it. I want to get bands for 2010 soon. PM me and I'll give you a shipping address. Thanks to anyone who can help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also have some 09 bands left if somebody else needs some. I think I have about 10 or so if anybody needs them they can PM me with their address and I will send them

G

·
What is actually on an AU band? Only ones I have seen are from registered lofts so they all have the AU, year, loft name, and bird #. But what does an unregistered AU band contain?

·
Registered
849 Posts
What is actually on an AU band? Only ones I have seen are from registered lofts so they all have the AU, year, loft name, and bird #. But what does an unregistered AU band contain?
They are not unregistered. The bands from the AU are all the same. The only difference is in the initials, usually it lists initials of a club. If you buy the bands from Jedds the initials on the band say Jedds. I purchased mine from Siegel’s and they have the initials AA. There are twenty or so of us that fly in my club. Our club is the Auburn club with the initials AUB. Some lofts buy bands with there loft name on them. I would guess that the majority of the bands are club bands. Hope that helps...

AU, year, band #, initials

G

·
Flapdoodle-- So when you buy bands from places like Foys, Jedds, etc... do they keep record of who has which band number? So if a bird gets lost and they call that company, they can get in touch with you for that bird?
In other words if I buy 100 bands from Jedds, they have record of that 100 numbers being owned by me?

So you are in Auburn, I am over here in Fallon, east of Reno. No clubs here, no pigeon people either (except for farmers with gas station variety, LOL)

·
Registered
849 Posts
Flapdoodle-- So when you buy bands from places like Foys, Jedds, etc... do they keep record of who has which band number? So if a bird gets lost and they call that company, they can get in touch with you for that bird?
In other words if I buy 100 bands from Jedds, they have record of that 100 numbers being owned by me?

So you are in Auburn, I am over here in Fallon, east of Reno. No clubs here, no pigeon people either (except for farmers with gas station variety, LOL)
Your right, the company keeps the record of who they sold the band. Bird is lost. Person with the found bird checks with the AU, AU directs them to the company, company directs them to the fancier that bought the band.

With my bands from the Auburn Club, Person checks with the AU, AU refers them to the club race secretary, and secretary refers them to me.

We fly our races from East to West. Our first YB race is from Fernley, the second is from Lovelock, not to far from you...Have you talked to any of the flyers in Reno? I don't know any of them but I know there is a group up there. They were using a few crates on our combine truck for training...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts