Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought Since tomorrow is the start of racing season for many of us and some are a few weeks in that we could start a group young bird results page. A place where we can celebrate each others victories. Some of us have started our own posts but this one can be used to post your victories, top 10%, etc. A place where everyone in the PT family can brag about their birds.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Los Lobos RPC starts its races tomorrow with the first 100 mile race. Pretty pumped because I have bird flying with about 6 or so fliers. Good test for the birds under different training methods. Our race limit is 30 and there should be about 25 to 30 fliers. Looking for about 600 to 700 birds in the race. Would be fun to do good in this one.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
The York Racing Pigeon Club held it's first race on Sept 3rd, which I won 1st, 2nd and 11th with a 3 bird clocking limit. Due to floods the race on Sept 10th was pushed back to Sept 17th. Which means we shipped tonight for New Market, Va. a distance of 137.660 miles to my home loft. Will just have to wait and see what results tomorrow will bring ! :)

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The York Racing Pigeon Club held it's first race on Sept 3rd, which I won 1st, 2nd and 11th with a 3 bird clocking limit. Due to floods the race on Sept 10th was pushed back to Sept 17th. Which means we shipped tonight for New Market, Va. a distance of 137.660 miles to my home loft. Will just have to wait and see what results tomorrow will bring ! :)
What do you think about the three bird clocking limit? In my eyes its kind of like giving everyone a trophy. You have 10 guys in the club the worst you can get is 30th.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cliff said birds were released at 7:15 and arrived at 9:27 and proceeded to circle for 5 minutes. Trapped at 9:32. Probably lost by 4 minutes. The Los Lobos club is very competitive. The race had 600 or so birds in it. Not be surprised if there is 400 within 10 minutes of the winner. They don't stand a chance when they circle for 5. I have some bird with other fliers also, hope those hit the board and in.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Clocking limits,according to the RPD awards program is "Childs Play"...And I agree with them....Clubs or Combines can have shipping limits,but not clocking limits....My combine has a 5 bird clocking limit,except for 500 and 600 mile races...It took me 3 years before I got them to go from a 3 bird clocking limit on ALL races,to a 5 bird limit,with the execption of the two long OB races....I`m flying with an AU club now,and you can clock everything you want....Even stray birds...hahahahahahaha!!!!!........Alamo

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Randy,
Is the Los Lobos club on the AU site?
Yes they post on the AU site and on their web page www.loslobosrpc.com. The web page has all the results. My band numbers are LL 1000s 1200s and 1400s. I am flying with Cliff Spencer, Joey Chaves, John McCullough, and Steve Guzman with a few birds here and there. The guys to beat are Guitterz, Yates, and Easley. I don't fly with the guys because I want to beat their birds with mine.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cliff said birds were released at 7:15 and arrived at 9:27 and proceeded to circle for 5 minutes. Trapped at 9:32. Probably lost by 4 minutes. The Los Lobos club is very competitive. The race had 600 or so birds in it. Not be surprised if there is 400 within 10 minutes of the winner. They don't stand a chance when they circle for 5. I have some bird with other fliers also, hope those hit the board and in.
Cliff said we were 25th out of around 600 birds. He had 13 on the drop so should have a good group in the top 10%. Want to see how far out of the win we were. If less than 5 minutes the birds are in good shape to give it a run. We run into the same issues with wings during the races that we are seeing in the PT races.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In my first race I won my club and finished top 20% in the combine, 2nd week, well, lets not talk about that (3rd club), but then last week I won my club by 16 minutes, and finished 14th in the combine. I'm feeling pretty good about this, considering I am 52 miles short and and 50+ miles off line.
Being in that position you do not know what to expect. As the races get longer things will become more clear on how you birds stand in the combine. Not that easy winning on the short end. Good job.

·
Registered
3,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
http://www.loslobosrpc.com/resources/EL+MORRO+NM+100+MILE+RACE+09172011.txt

Not horrible 1st race. I had 10 in the top 10% 7minutes out. Would have been up there if they would have trapped when they arrived. 8 of 18 fliers made the top 10% with three of last years top fliers out of the top 10%. Super competitive club. Out of the drop there were two siblings to my 2nd high points bird in 09, one off "Primavera" last years equal 1st and a sibling to the first place bird. One off my Import blood from Marcelis. Like to see that, that is why I brought the blood in to win a sprint race. Five were off Mark's blood of the 10.

1 - 20 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.