Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few days ago I took in 3 three week old pups to handraise and find homes for and today I took in another 2 puppies to find homes for.
They were found on the side of the road. Both of them are boys.
Litter #1 is on the rough side. They werent taken care of very well and from what I gathered, neither was their mom.
The people that found the 2 pups on the road, took great care of them, but couldnt keep them.

Litter #1

Litter #2

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Aww, cute, bottom pair look like Jack Russels (or JR Crosses)
The Black & Tan one has exactly same markings as my friends one.
Ged - Jack Russell/Chihuahua cross.

This is him now

He'll be 3 in November

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We believe the 2nd litter to be Jack Russell X beagle crosses or something like that.
Ive found a home for a male from the 1st litter. He will be going home with a nice lady in a few weeks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Ohh, the photos don't work ~ would love to see how the puppies look like!! Any more pics online?

It always warms my heart when I hear/read about people helping animals in need ~ there should be more people like you, "NewHopePoultry" !

About a month ago we found a puppy on the side of the road. It was night and the poor thing was there all by himself, with nobody to help him. The moment I picked him up, I knew it was meant to be! That very second I fell in love with that beautiful little creature, and from that moment on we were inseparable. My Dream Dog, my little companion I had always waited to find..

For some reason this happy story doesn't have a happy ending. One morning the puppy was sick, and the next 5 days he was to fight for his life. He had parvo virus ~ all of you who've experienced it know what an utter nightmare it is. I'll save the rest of you from the details.

The vet said little Macchia was amazingly strong to hang on for 5 long days in that condition. Me, I know it was the LOVE that kept him going. My only wish was that all that pain and suffering he had to endure would be WORTH IT in the end. "Whatever it takes to get well, just hang on a little longer and you'll be OK..."

Unfortunately it doesn't always go that way.

That said ~ THANK YOU FOR HELPING THE ONES WHO REALLY NEED IT! It makes all the difference.

Macchia

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Aw, sorry to hear that. He looks like he has some Cattle dog in him. Very cute!

When I first got my dog she was sick too but two weeks and some meds from the vet later she got better and behaved like a normal puppy. My other dog was actually sold at the age of 6 weeks instead of 8, granted he cried the first few days but then he realized that where he lived now was home.
Now both dogs are playful adults and get along great.
They have a married couple type of relationship. Which is pretty hilarious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts