Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can Every One Post There 2010 Races, Auction Race Here Of If They Know Of One Put It Here Also. It Will Make It Easy To Find If Every One Post There Race Here:)

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Our club always has an auction race on the second 200 mile "A" race. Sometime in April, we'll have an auction in which all money goes towards the club and the race's payout. All birds bought are automatically eligible for the race :) We try to get as many out-of-state birds as we can to attract more people. It's nice to have a chance of getting some good birds when normally, you may not be able to. We usually have a few from Dennis Bunker and Rusty Williams, and in the auction race results, they're normally at the top. The breeder of the winning bird gets $100 I believe. Anyone can donate birds if they want :)

I'm not aware of the final auction date, but it will be sometime late April. I'll come back here and post it when I find out. But if anyone would like to send some, just let me know.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Canadian International One Loft Race.

Brand new........for those that are interested.

Visit our site below to see who has already entered, It's filling up fast.
Read the diary to see updates.

http://www.alvesloft.com/

Bill.

UPDATE>>>>>>> Mar.29th. 2010.................................

Hi Everyone

We are 2 weeks from accepting birds. It will be a busy weekend when birds start to arrive.

IMPORTANT NOTICE--- for fanciers shipping by AIR CANADA or WEST JET to Toronto INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WE ASK THAT YOU SHIP YOUR BIRDS ON MODAYS MORNING FLIGHTS. PLEASE GIVE US A CALL OR EMAIL WHEN YOU WILL BE SHIPPING YOUR BIRDS.

There only space for 60 more teams, so if you are thinking of sending extra teams we advise you to get you name in on the reservation list. Simply just give us a call or email us and we will make sure to reserve you space. Please remember birds will be accepted only from April 10th to May 30th. Our advertisement in the Racing Pigeon Digest will be appearing in the mid April issue and we are sure we will fill up with American entries quickly. The excitement is already starting as we get ever so close to opening day! See you all soon.

Tony Alves

·
Registered
139 Posts
Canadian International One Loft Race.

Just a quick Update.

Hi Everyone

We are 2 weeks from accepting birds. It will be a busy weekend when birds start to arrive.

IMPORTANT NOTICE--- for fanciers shipping by AIR CANADA or WEST JET to Toronto INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT WE ASK THAT YOU SHIP YOUR BIRDS ON MODAYS MORNING FLIGHTS. PLEASE GIVE US A CALL OR EMAIL WHEN YOU WILL BE SHIPPING YOUR BIRDS. http://www.alvesloft.com/ Phone:1-905-478-1511.

There only space for 60 more teams, so if you are thinking of sending extra teams we advise you to get you name in on the reservation list. Simply just give us a call or email us and we will make sure to reserve you space. Please remember birds will be accepted only from April 10th to May 30th. Our advertisement in the Racing Pigeon Digest will be appearing in the mid April issue and we are sure we will fill up with American entries quickly. The excitement is already starting as we get ever so close to opening day! See you all soon.

Bill for Tony Alves.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Here's my clubs LBR Auction race and Great South Bay Classic which is set up like a convention race. If you'd like the 5 free bands for the LBR Auction race just send me your name and address and I'll get the bands out to ASAP.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
For the Great South Bay Classic there is also a 500 dollar prize for the first out of area bird.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Canadian International One Loft Race.....update.

Hello everyone,

The final number of entries is 1100 birds!!!. Total payout is 137,500 Canadian Dollars. The prizes will be 25,000 for 1st. 10,000 for 2nd to 5th, 5,000 for 6th to 10th, 1,000 for 11th to 45th and 46th to 70th will pay 500. This is the biggest and best payout race ever in Canada. Next year we are planning to bring our perch fee of 75 dollars per bird down to 60 dollars per bird and also allow 6 bird team for 1000 dollars. This will give everyone a chance to enter an extra bird, cheaper perch fee and puts more money towards the prize money!!! We feel that we can offer more to every participant as our initial costs of setting up will have come down after the first year and we are trying to not only make the Canadian International One Loft Race bigger and better every year we are also making it more attractive for everyone to enter. Thanks again to everyone who has helped in making this race possible and I am sure we can together make it better and better every year.

- Tony Alves

1 - 17 of 17 Posts