Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok well i dont know whatkind of reaction i'm going to get with this post by all meens i'm not trying to pick a fight i am just looking for an honest persons rescipe on pickled Quail eggs you see i bought these Quail about a month ago and have been collecting there eggs and i now have 40 so i figured it's time to try em out i have hard boiled them then put them in vinagar to eat the shell away (makes peeling them alot faster) then when the shell is gone i have taken the outer casing off them and now have 40 hard boild quail eggs sooo i would like a very good recipe for them because there has been alot of time put into these little eggs so let me know what you come up with i would like it if you have tried the eggs with the recipe you attach

ps i like a nice strong pickled egg sooo no week flavors :D

thanks in advance

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
recipe for what? sounds like you already know how to pickle them...just eat them..lol... or do you want recipes using quail eggs in general?

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
Mookeeman: Mustard pickled Eggs : Boil the eggs and cool and remove shells. Boil together one quart of vinegar and one tablespoon of dry mustard and 1 tablespoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of pepper and pour the cooled brine into your pickling jar and add the eggs. Then cover and let them cure for at least 10 days before they are ready..You can also make Beet Red Eggs and if you prefer this just let me know...This has come out of The Encyclopedia of Country living... Also it says: The eggs are a delicacy in pickled form . They are rich, mellow and usually served fried,poached,boiled or pickled and delightful decoration in salad dishes and make interesting appetizers and hors d'oeuvres.
That information comes from Fred Frye, Missoula, MT... Hope this helps...c.hert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts