Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Anyone have information on deworming a pet starling using Quest (moxidectin 2%)? I have a 8 year old pet European starling which I have not dewormed ever. She's lived all by herself her entire life and is highly imprinted on me. I noticed in the past couple of weeks that has gotten a little bit "light" but still has kept her appetite and her energy. I figured it won't do her harm if I dewormed her (properly of course). I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help out on this. Thanks!

PS - I'm planning to deworm my pigeons with Quest (moxidectin 2%) and was thinking of giving her the same solution for 24 hours. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jay3 - searched starling talk and nothing really mentioned specifically on deworming. I registered for starling talk today as well and will ask the members what they use to deworm. thanks for your response.

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
Welcome! You will get lots more info on starlings by talking with them. Starlings can be amazing little pets. So smart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jay3 - you can say that again with regards to their intelligence. What really amazes me is how imprinted she is on me. I can run outdoors in our back acre and she flies right behind me and lands on my hand. Her wings are not clipped at all. People think I'm some kind of bird trainer. I guess in a way, I am. Regards, Rey

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
How did you come to have her as a pet?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jay3 - had a friend call me 8 years ago to save a baby that she found in her backyard. didn't even know what kind of bird it was since the feathers haven't even openned up yet. i just thought at that time that she looked like an uglyfrog because of that big gapping big when she begs for food.

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
so what did starling talk say? I would assume deworming the little fella would be the same as deworming domestic pet birds like cockatiels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts