Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do all male pigeons produces same coo sound and bows and rotates...is it same for all breeds of pigeons or is there any difference in cooing ...as my friend got a pair of bird and the male does not coos instead it has more fear in it ..even though one week has passes ..till now it didn't bow coos or rotates ...rather it produces a different sound....why is it like taat....

but he is sure that they are a pair only i.e male/ female.

or will it take time to take out it's fear from my friend and will coo and bow in future

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
It does take time for the bird to feel comfortable in new surroundings. Some take longer than others. Please ask your friend to exercise a little patience and all should be well.
The other possibility is that this bird may not be well. He should watch for signs, fluffing up on the perch, unusual poops, eating, drinking, etc? I hope he has quarantined them from others. Let us know!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya he actually got them from a breeder who had a flock of pigeons..so the pair is actually quarantined..though he said female is behaving normally with no or say very less fear but male has more..k i will tell him wat u said...

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
when he gets settled in the new loft, he will act out his male behavior as he will not be scared anylonger. change for pigeons is a big deal...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks friend ....my friend also told that the female pigeon is not allowing the male to enter the box and tries to drag the male out of box..even if he enters....?????

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Makes me wonder if they are 2 males. Usually the hen defers to the cock. Or if they are very young and not yet exhibiting sexual behavior.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts