Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I actually have a weird question.

When I get a bird shipped to me I pay for the box + shipping. I normally just throw the box away or clean it out, to use for pigeon vet trips.

I was wondering if there was another way to reuse them?

Thanks!
Hilly

·
Registered
157 Posts
I re-use them, when I sell some of mine or, for any swaping.. Sell them back to the next guy, and get your money back..

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
yes you can reuse them, you have to take the postal label completely off and put on some new zip ties and put some shavings in the bottom...I do, and viola ready to ship somemore birds.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I would never throw them away, you never know when you might need them and they do cost allot. I have 3 of them now and will keep them until I can use them again. The lady that shipped the birds to me put down a towel will tape so I just ripped up the towel and the box is pretty much clean now. min

·
Registered
857 Posts
I recommend replacing the loose piece of cardboard in the bottom, that covers the flaps too.
When you open the boxes try not to tear any cardboard. Just cut the zip ties and tape.
Keith

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So to resend the box instead of buying a new box, just put on new label?

I never really thought about it...
I've just always purchased a brand new box, and I have about 4-5 times since 2006.

-Hilly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts