Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK my question is... every time a pair of pigeon lay two egg, will one egg be a boy and another a girl?

because back then when i still live in cal i had a pair of homer male black and the female white. the baby always come out male and female. but the thing i like the most about the breeding pair was that the first brood came out male black and female white then the next one, male white and female black. it was like this for only 4 brood than 4 some reason they wouldn't lay egg not more even tho they try nesting alot. out of all the brood i could have only save a male white, they rest ether flew away with wild pigeon or die because pigeon pop(i didn't know that, till now what it was call) i moved to NC which mean i had to leave my homers behind... now i'm trying back up again 5 year later. it's harder now ..too many trees mean too many bird of prey. beside my homer here cant even take off high enough to reach the sky before hitting a tree. so i dont think they can range around my place. it so hard here! beside if i throw my homer a few mile away i'm sure it wont be able to fine it's way home too much trees!! the bad part about NC that i dont like when i got here .. nobody i know know anything about pigeons.. in cal every young boy know and have pigeon of their own stock.

thank you for reading ... homer racing for life!!

p.s. my old homer i train(myself) from 50mile ...came home in less then 25min

·
Registered
88 Posts
where???

are you at in N.C. I'm in Dobson our club has 11 members and combine is over 40 members alot them are on this board and I think any of them would help you out. myself I'm only starting out, so still learning all that I can, but will help you if I can.

Kenneth Flippen

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are you at in N.C. I'm in Dobson our club has 11 members and combine is over 40 members alot them are on this board and I think any of them would help you out. myself I'm only starting out, so still learning all that I can, but will help you if I can.

Kenneth Flippen
thank you ... but i'm just starting back up again i might not be in no race yet.
i have a female homer and waiting for my male homer to get to me ...i bought him online.

what part are your club from? i'm in charlotte... i might be interested in your club later tho..

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
I only see that it reads 50 miles. Probably changed. Fifty miles measured in a car, could either be fifty miles, or more, or less. If you basically drove around in circles for fifty miles, your birds could have just flown ten miles in a straight line to get home.

100 miles in sixty minutes would obviously be 100 miles an hour (mph). So fifty miles in 25 minutes would be faster than 100 mph. I'll buy some young ones off of that bird, for sure.

Maybe I need to buy better homers.

Having said all of that. Have fun with your pigeons and don't worry about math. It's all good.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
is this a typo error or what? :eek: 150 miles in 25 minutes will be 360 miles per hour or 10560 Yards per minutes .... as far as I know Never in history of pigeon racing this type of speed ever happened.....
He said 50 miles. The next person quoted it incorrectly.:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is a club in Charlotte CMPC Charlotte Mecklenburg pigeon club we are in the same combine charlotte is a good sized club I'm in the Mt. Airy club

Kenneth

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
p.s. my old homer i train(myself) from 50mile ...came home in less then 25min
:eek: Wow....is right....a New World Speed Record !!! Let's see at 2 miles per minute, that works out to 120 MPH !! Or looked at another way.....3,520 yards per minute !! Now that sure is some great training...please share your training tips !! :p

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Don't worry, NC isn't too bad. We too are surrounded by trees, plus our lofts and house is at the bottom of a hill. Regardless, the birds still get WAY up above the trees when they route in the morning. So it doesn't bother them at all. Because we are so close to the woods, Coopers and Sharp-shins are a problem, but we still manage to make it. Being in Charlotte, the closest club to you will probably be CMPC (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Pigeon Club). They fly with mine and Kenneth's combine. If you are closer to Monroe, CPC (Carolina Pigeon Club) may also be an option. They are also in our combine.

Once you join a club, I'm sure the members will help you get more birds to start with. Right about now is when new members are being accepted into clubs. I know quite a few people down there have given me birds and advice, and I'm sure they'll do the same for you and other new members.

Oh, and in NC, 50 miles by car usually ends up anywhere from 10 to 20 miles less by air. There ain't many straight roads around here, and depending on which way you're going, it may take a LOT of roads just to get some distance.
When we raced from the Southwest, a 50 mile training toss was in Kings Mountain. In road milage, that turned out to about 60 miles to get there, even though we were going down 85 almost the whole way :rolleyes: That highway is less straight than it appears, LOL. This past year when we went Northeast, 50 air miles for us was 70 miles in a car.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't worry, NC isn't too bad. We too are surrounded by trees, plus our lofts and house is at the bottom of a hill. Regardless, the birds still get WAY up above the trees when they route in the morning. So it doesn't bother them at all. Because we are so close to the woods, Coopers and Sharp-shins are a problem, but we still manage to make it. Being in Charlotte, the closest club to you will probably be CMPC (Charlotte-Mecklenburg Pigeon Club). They fly with mine and Kenneth's combine. If you are closer to Monroe, CPC (Carolina Pigeon Club) may also be an option. They are also in our combine.

Once you join a club, I'm sure the members will help you get more birds to start with. Right about now is when new members are being accepted into clubs. I know quite a few people down there have given me birds and advice, and I'm sure they'll do the same for you and other new members.

Oh, and in NC, 50 miles by car usually ends up anywhere from 10 to 20 miles less by air. There ain't many straight roads around here, and depending on which way you're going, it may take a LOT of roads just to get some distance.
When we raced from the Southwest, a 50 mile training toss was in Kings Mountain. In road milage, that turned out to about 60 miles to get there, even though we were going down 85 almost the whole way :rolleyes: That highway is less straight than it appears, LOL. This past year when we went Northeast, 50 air miles for us was 70 miles in a car.
thanks alot but you have not seen my trees their big big and tall tall.. it cost a wood cuter $1000+ to cut down only branch!!!

beside there alot of birds of prey near by too ...got to get rid of them first i just have a pair of homer now just waiting for babies!! trying to start my flock with a male red saddle homer and a female white homer.

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
:eek: Wow....is right....a New World Speed Record !!! Let's see at 2 miles per minute, that works out to 120 MPH !! Or looked at another way.....3,520 yards per minute !! Now that sure is some great training...please share your training tips !! :p
Like other posts suggest....hope there are no trees in your neck of the woods....only clear blue skies...

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
thanks alot but you have not seen my trees their big big and tall tall.. it cost a wood cuter $1000+ to cut down only branch!!!

beside there alot of birds of prey near by too ...got to get rid of them first i just have a pair of homer now just waiting for babies!! trying to start my flock with a male red saddle homer and a female white homer.[/QUOTE

OK then................]

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
OK my question is... every time a pair of pigeon lay two egg, will one egg be a boy and another a girl?
I don't know if anyone ever answered your question or not but NO! They can be both hens or cocks or one of each. Good luck starting racing with a saddle and a white. It is hard enough winning without the large hurdle or having colored pigeons it will be real hard with that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts