Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
I think there is bacterial and viral respitory problems, but either way, he should not be expected to feed and care for young if he is not well... you should only breed healthy birds.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Yes, I would think that it would be too much for him, and too much to expect him to be able to raise babies. That is stressful enough without respiratory problems. As far as passing it on, that would all depend on what is causing his problems. Wouldn't be fair to him to breed him though.

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Believe they meant to breed him WITH the problem. It's a given that if treated and the problem was gone, that he would be fine for breeding. Unless it is something chronic that they can't get rid of.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Be careful with respitory because as Jay3 if it's chronic it can be difficult to get rid of.

I just finished treating a 07 modena mag cock, one that I treated twice before as the medication said (7 -10 days) this time I treated for 21 days straight with doxycycline (not sure on the spelling) with no grit or calcium. He seems to be fine, they just laid their second egg yesterday. If the problem reoccurs then I think it's time to go in a different direction.

Walter

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Be careful with respitory because as Jay3 if it's chronic it can be difficult to get rid of.

I just finished treating a 07 modena mag cock, one that I treated twice before as the medication said (7 -10 days) this time I treated for 21 days straight with doxycycline (not sure on the spelling) with no grit or calcium. He seems to be fine, they just laid their second egg yesterday. If the problem reoccurs then I think it's time to go in a different direction.

Walter
Hope you got it this time. That can be very frustrating and worrisome. Lets hope it's gone for good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts