Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pair of pigeons that are about 7-9 month old.My qestion is why they dont lay eggs. The weather is very nice 60-70 during day. they do all that pigeon romance stuff cooin kissing lol, but the hen doesnt lay eggs fo some reason. theres a picture of them on other thread under performing pigeons. its the last picture. The thread is called For. At first they were very agrresive to each other. I thought they were two males but after some time one of the pigoens stoped cooin and start acting more like a hen. So anyone know why they dont lay eggs? :confused:

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
you could have two male birds.. here are pointers on trying to figure things out with pairs.

Fertile male / fertile female = two fertile eggs except when the sperm is blocked from reaching the egg
Fertile male / infertile female = zero eggs
Infertile male / fertile female = two infertile eggs
Infertile male / infertile female = zero eggs
Fertile female / fertile female = four infertile eggs
Fertile female / infertile female = two infertile eggs
Male any / male any = zero eggs

·
Registered
942 Posts
Spirit I sure that helped. Aslan I too have a pair that is not laying si I'm not sure if they are truly a pair or not. We have what we thought were 4 pair and 3 of them oar on eggs so we are happy with that for the first round.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
If they don't lay eggs after 1 year, then you have 2 cocks mated. I had 2 cocks mated (which I call my "gay" birds) and they do the kissing, mating stuff and take turn on the nest box. The giveaway that they were cocks is when they do the mating dance and turn 360 circles with tail down, puffing crop, making sound.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts