Pigeon-Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I recently paired 2 birds. One is a king pigeon cock, and the other is a dove/birmingham roller mix hen. I have them in the cage for breeding, you know a small one with the nest box. He is currently calling her to the nest alot, and driving her around the cage. The act like mates, and she has been having unusaully large sloppy droppings. She lays down alot. Is it possible she is going to lay eggs? I've never seen them mate, they have justrecently starting acting like a pair. Also when i got the female she had 2 eggs before, and when I saw her she has raised the one into an adult i know they have a second clutch. Help?

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
Hi. I recently paired 2 birds. One is a king pigeon cock, and the other is a dove/birmingham roller mix hen. I have them in the cage for breeding, you know a small one with the nest box. He is currently calling her to the nest alot, and driving her around the cage. The act like mates, and she has been having unusaully large sloppy droppings. She lays down alot. Is it possible she is going to lay eggs? I've never seen them mate, they have justrecently starting acting like a pair. Also when i got the female she had 2 eggs before, and when I saw her she has raised the one into an adult i know they have a second clutch. Help?
If you think they have paired, then usually the hen will lay her first egg about 10 days after they mate. not sure about the dove mixed with roller..if that is true she would be infertile as that would mean she is a hybrid. she has layed in the past so that you know.. if she is 100% pigeon then she should lays eggs at some point, just as before.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts