Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay here is a quick question.

As you know I lost a babie on sunday, so one of my pair's only feeding one baby(13 days old). and then I have another pair above their nesting box, that has two babies that are 28 days old.

Anyways, one of the 28 day old babies fell off and when I went to check to take feed in, I couldn't see it, I looked everywhere and couldn't find it, then I checked in the bottom's pair nest. It was there, they actually took in the baby, after It fell.

Question.

Should I move it back up to it's nest?

If I leave it in, would it be mean to the younger baby?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Dave's was right. I had a hard time keeping a smaller sibling fed because of his big brother. It almost died. Thanks to this forum Peawee lives, and yes I named it.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad to hear your baby survived.

That one that baby that survived and its sibling died, I have noticed that it is very defensive. My other pair i put my hand near them and they squeak like they want food, and will let me hold it. but this other one, is very defensive, it pecks at me when I put my hand relitivley close to it, and it wing slaps and it is only 14 days old. I guess it has just been through alot in the last couple of days.

·
Registered
4,098 Posts
At 28 days old that baby is almost on weaning phase. Yeah, I will move it back as well with the same reason as Dave said.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts