Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new here. Nice to meet you all! For those of you who haven't seen my other thread, I should quickly explain that I've got two pigeons, Peter and Peggy, living in my eavestrough. They've been there for 7 years this coming July. Peter is quite used to me; Peggy is more timid (but very polite). I don't feed them all the time, just when it's winter and they struggle to find food for themselves. Peter will eat bird seed that I put out for him on the porch step. What I'm wondering is, will he take some up to Peggy, who is currently sitting on the nest with a new baby? Peggy rarely comes near me but will eat off the porch step as long as I'm very still, but she's really got her hands full right now. Peter's pretty good about sharing the child-rearing, but when he's on the nest, I don't know where Peggy gets to, and she's not stopping by for food. So, will Peter save food for her and take it to her in the nest? He seems to be getting a bit pudgey and I'm wondering if he would just keep it all for himself.

Hmmmm, maybe that wasn't such a quick question after all LOL

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.