Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question. I usually put fresh garlic about a clove and a half in their water. I saw this one supplement called Garlimax in my pantry, I was wondering if this would work with pigeons too? Or is it going to be bad for them? I was thinking if it does work for them but it's too much dosage, to cut a little piece, crush it, then put it in there water?

This is what it says on the back.

Garlimax Ingredients:
Each tablet contains dried whole garlic bulb* (550 mg). Standardized to contain Allicin* (5,500 mcg), Alliin* (12,100 mcg), Total Thiosulfinates* (5,775 mcg) and Gamma Glutamylcysteines* (6,000 mcg).
*Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients:
Dicalcium Phosphate, Whey, Vanillin, Croscarmellose Sodium, Stearic Acid, Modified Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate, PEG 400, Pharmaceutical Glaze, Silicon Dioxide.

Thanks a mil,
Kevin

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
keep checking back Treesa would be a good one to answer that..I know they do sell garlic tabs for pigeons on the supply sites...so perhaps this one is like those...except for the vanillin, which sounds like vanilla flavor...just guessing...but what can that hurt....not sure....lot help Iam!..lol..

oh how did the little polkadott bowl work out?

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
I prefer garlic powder to putting it in the water, but that's just me :) When I'm breeding I like to give the weaned babies each a garlic capsul. It's the kind you find in the vitamin section of wal-mart, haha.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
keep checking back Treesa would be a good one to answer that..I know they do sell garlic tabs for pigeons on the supply sites...so perhaps this one is like those...except for the vanillin, which sounds like vanilla flavor...just guessing...but what can that hurt....not sure....lot help Iam!..lol..

oh how did the little polkadott bowl work out?
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I think that it would be a good alternative when I'm out of fresh garlic. LOL

HAHA, the pink polka dot bowl ! The babies turned out fine and healthy. They're starting to loft fly now.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want to cut one pill in half and crush it then put it in the water. What do you guys think? It wouldn't do any harm right?

·
Registered
29,797 Posts
Why not just sprinkle garlic powder on their seed if you are out of fresh?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I give my birds the garlic tablet... it say odorless but you can tell the next day I gave them garlic cause the whole loft smells like garlic. I also crush couple tablets and add it to their water about once a week.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts