Pigeon-Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bohemian swallow hen which is 2004 banded i brouth her 4 months a go from Germany she doesnt want to lay any egg and the pair mating and she sets tightly in the nest with no eggs i am so upset a bout it . the breeder told me they are breeding pair and the pigeons came from the mountains the weather in there so cold . and in Libya where i live so hot whats is happing to her ? and how often the pigeon quit laying ? does it last for to much ?any help please?

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
So they are mating, building the nest and the female is sitting tightly in the nest box as if to lay eggs, but no eggs. My guess, there is a calcium deficiency, how long have been she sitting in the nest box to lay eggs ? If not long, you might get a soft shelled egg. Is there a difference in her posture ?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it is ben a round 4 months now but the proccess is seperate. like they mating building the nest sets tightly for a bout 2-3 weeks no eggs .......they starting again but no eggs now the third time the same every thing provided including oyster shells ..my guess as she 4 years old she want to rest at the moment ......?add to that she came from new envirtment the breeder told me that the pigeon have rythem to lay because the weather in German mountain so cold with long winter .so probebly they got used to it this system

·
Registered
20,301 Posts
is the band a seemless band, if not the year could be wrong and she could be an even older hen, if she is 6 years old she could be winding down, or she just did not have many eggs from the time she was hatched, hens only have so many eggs to give and when they are out they are out... but you could always make sure they have vitamins and minerals and get them in top heath and see what happens.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I suspect that some imports may be sterile.
It may be a reaction to the different vaccinations given to them, having a bad reaction.
It could be unscrupulous sellers that take advantage of foreigners not being able to collect on non-productive pigeons.
I know 3 people that have received foreign hens that were sterile.
One friend of mine, Don Oberdier, recieved two hens from Canada that were very expensive, that did not produce any eggs in a 4 year time span.
I have them now and they are still not producing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no it is for sure 5 years old is not seemless band i bouth her from leipzig Germany last show and they are proven pair.but i think the hen after 3 till 4
years old maybe needs a bit rest .to regain her health is that possible? or probebly the weather shock because came from new envirment

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
could be keith there is herrible people still exsist and the breed so rare called bohemian tiger if you want to see the hen just google bohemian tiger on the images and the blue swallow pigeon in the top line thats the pigeon what i am talking a bout.and hopefully she make it i thank all of you for sharing the info with me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts